John Marfell PEARCE Ross on Wye (General)

by jimashton @, Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 04:59 (5594 days ago) @ Celia61

Hi Celia

I do indeed know of Minnie Maria Marfell Harris born 1876 Nailsea Somerset – my 3rd cousin 3 times removed, so we are related. Her grandmother Sarah Marfell born 16 March 1807, daughter of George Marfell 1765 and his first wife Mary. George was the son of one of my 5 times great grandparents John Marfell 1731 & Lucy Meek 1743. More of them later.

Within this family are a number of “Marfell” second names and more marriages into the Marfell family; as you say, Sarah Marfell 1807 married Thomas Williams born 22 Jun 1806 and their 3rd son Thomas Williams 28 Jun 1835 married Jane Thomas, they had 6 children incl. Thomas Williams born 1861 who married Eva Marfell in 1885, they had 3 children before she died and he remarried to Eva Marfell’s sister Winifred and they had Kenneth Marfell Williams.

I am aware that your line stems from Thomas Williams & Sarah Marfell’s daughter Selina born 14 Sep 1840 who married Simeon Harris. It is obvious that you can help me here as whilst I am aware of 9 children for Simeon Harris and Selina Williams including Minnie Maria Marfell Harris, I have no details of any of the descendants of the 9.

The “Good Christian Woman” Maria Marfell, I think must be Maria Marfell born 3 Jan 1844 who married John Cowmeadow 1837. John Cowmeadow died 29 Sep 1877 and Maria nee Marfell emigrated to Niles, Ohio, USA in 1897 with Son Alexander John & daughter Annie Jane to join sons George Harold & John Marfell who emigrated in 1895 to work in a Tin Works. Maria Marfell was the great granddaughter of John Marfell & Lucy Meek mentioned in the first paragraph.

Jim Ashton

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread