Postcards Wanted (General)

by marlene smith, Friday, February 03, 2006, 01:46 (6667 days ago) @ Sam Hale

thank you for this wonderfull site and all the awesome photos ;I am researching my family history around gloucester and got onto a site called gloucestershire pubs where I put in names of pubs that were previously owned my my relatives by the name of SCHOLLAR ;one photo was that of the GEORGE INN yorkly and a photo with people standing outside and everyone I show agrees it looks like my great great great grandmother so when I came across the same place in your photo collection I was over the moon as the saying goes ;all I knew of the SCHOLLARS was what I got from the census and in 1881 clare and william schollars address was 206 high street and she was head and a viticaller and had 14 boarders ;williams father was also been listed as a hotel keeper and a brewer and benjamin and esthers address was thw WHITESMITHS ARMS 81 southgate streetand I also got a photo of this from that site ;so I could email a copy to you or you could visit the site ; other than that the only postcard I can help with are those from new zealand or other parts of england and europe when my parents visited there 10 or so yrs ago ;well thank you for taking the time to read my letter hope you will reply ;yours sincerely marlene smith

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread