Cinderey family

by Annian @, Thursday, March 16, 2006, 10:47 (6619 days ago) @ Robert Williams

Hello Robert

I'm so pleased to see your message ,at last someone following similar tracks to myself. Cindery, Sindrey or whatever. I am a guenuine, live Sindrey and have been so frustrated by the lack of connections to this name. I have traced my family way back and have picked up so much info' on the way. Regarding this family name,I don't think I have come across the name spelt with a "C" before 1800. Perhaps the clergy who were doing the entries in the Parish registers,did not like the connotations of "Sin" and changed it to "Cin."(just a thought, probably incorrect!)

My family roots seem to be at Lea,Linton and Weston under Penyard.

I've been trying to find where George c.1811 came from and Betsy c.1815 (she could possibly be a Wilkes but I'm not sure).He is so well documented in census documents.

There seems to be a lack Georges prior to this one, I haven't come across one before the 1800s.

My gt.grandfather was George Sindrey b.1840 at Hawthorns, son of William Sindry c.1811 and Lucy Shotton c.1818 (of Winchcombe)
My gt.gt.grandfather was William Sindry c.1768 and Mary Morgan c.1771 living at Weston under Penyard. The men in this family seem to have been mainly blacksmiths. My gt.grandfather left the Forest and came to Cheltenham via Gloucester and married Mary Ann Smith(his cousin)in Cheltenham, he became a fruit grower. He lived here for the rest of his life.

Despite hours of research at Glos.R.O. I have a number of males of families, for whom I am unable to find parents. I wondered if you had any ideas.

1.) Henry C. c.1813(of Walford I think) m.1837 to Mary Ann Mountjoy(Awre with Blakeney)They had five daughters and finally a son Joseph c.1850

2.) Henry C. c.1816 of Cinderford.Unable to find his wife. They had William c.1837 and Charlotte c.1857.

3.)Samuel C. c.1816 m.1843 to Mary Ann c.1822. In 1841 they are living next door to my ancestors at Hawthorns, so perhaps a relationship.

4.) William S. c.1837 and Harriet c.1822 first appear in the 1871 census with sons Thomas W. 1864 and George 1870 but I have been unable to trace them after that.

5.) Guy S.c.1780 m. to Susannah living at Weston under Penyard had Susannah 09.02.1817, Mary Ann 07.11.1819 and Charlotte 13.01.1825. I searched for records of sons because I feel that they could be parents to at least one of those mentioned above. The dates could be right.

I don't think I've been much help to you, but perhaps it gives you facts which might fit into the jigsaw.

Good hunting, Ann.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread