SADLER Dymock (General)

by Welly, Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 17:20 (5092 days ago) @ Mike

Hi Mike

Somewhere along the line we are related as my ancestors the sadlers lived at the nailhouse as well. My mother's parents were Harry (Henry ) Salter and Fanny Sadler both born in 1882 . Fanny's parents were Joseph and Maria Sadler. I've only just started today to research my family so dont have much detail. Maria died in Worcester hospital in 1913 after fracturing her leg. My grandparents moved to Dudley as although they had met on the Malvern hills Harry had been sent there as a policeman in the worcestershire force. I think they married about 1909 and I know that the surname Vaughan was also somehow connected to the family. My mother was always keen for me to accompany her on a trip to Australia to visit family but being young and selfish I wouldn't go. She was one of 3 daughters Laura,Dorothy and Ivy (known as Cissy, my mum. Perhaps it was your family she wanted to visit.) Anyway I went to visit the nailhouse and the man now living there said that members of the Sadler family keep turning up. I dont know any. I have one sister who has a son and I have 3 children. I do have a list somewhere of either Sadlers or Salters not sure which. Perhaps you are further along the line and know more. I live in London and am now retired. Best wishes. Barbara

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread