James Bower/Ann Meek (Info on Ann Meek's family) (General)

by Jim Moore @, California, Tuesday, April 18, 2006, 05:53 (6602 days ago) @ Annette Price

My great great grandfather, Aaron Meek, 1824 - 1897, was an older brother of Ann. I have info on Aaron and Ann's parents, grandparents, and great grandparents, plus most of Aaron's descendants. Let me know if you want any of this Meek family history.

I have James Bower (1823 - 1882) marrying Ann Meek (1825 - ?) on April 6, 1844, in Newland. The marriage record names her father as William Bower, occupation of sawyer. I have not tried to trace the Bower family myself but would be interested in anything that you learn about his ancestors.

Re Aaron Meek, my GGGF, he married Jane Tucker of Dixton, Monmouthshire, in Newland on the same day that Ann married James Bower, April 6, 1844 (a double wedding). Aaron and Jane Meek had four children, including twin girls born on September 24, 1851. My great grandmother, Elizabeth Meek, was the oldest of the twins, being born at 9AM that morning. Her sister, Hannah, was born at 9:30AM. The twins married brothers -- Hannah married Joseph Hopkins on September 6, 1869, and Elizabeth married Thomas Hopkins on October 12, 1879. Both families emigrated to the USA in 1887 and 1888.

Jim Moore
Cupertino, CA

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread