Hawkins brothers - NEVER Give Up! (General)

by Llangrove @, Pennsylvania U.S.A., Tuesday, October 12, 2010, 02:26 (4948 days ago) @ llangrove

On 20 September I was perusing the Inquests on this site and found the first clue, in 20 years of searching, for one of my Grandfather's brothers. I posted a message on Ancestry.com. On, 29 September 2010, I was contacted by the great grand-daughter of James H.L. Hawkins! James settled near, Bridgend, Wales. He died there, in 1959. His grand-daughter, lives there, to this day!

And on 7 October 2010, I received this information from, a third cousin who still resides in the Forest of Dean. "Have just found something in my notes that states your grandfather Albert's brother Thomas married Flossie Nelmes and went to Canada, but did come back to the U.K." Thanks to this site's Parish Records Index, I found, Tom was raised by his father and used the surname SMITH. He and Florence had three daughters, Freida, Peggy and Florence. It's possible, Tom died in 1958, in the Forest of Dean.

The moral of the story is NEVER Give Up! One little clue and a lot of help from Slowhands and the mystery is finally solved!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread