Elizabeth TRIGG 1813 - Thomas BARNARD 1809 (General)

by yearsleytree @, Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 01:49 (4864 days ago) @ slowhands

In posting this message I cannot see the original posting, however, in 1851 Richard Yearsley is the owner of the George Hotel and 40 acres of land. Residing with 3 servants : (1) Elizabeth Phillips, 2) William Cooke (3) Elizabeth Bernard . The name of the farm is " The Folly Farm " Elizabeth could be the wife of Thomas even though the spelling differs.

In 1861 I also see that Richard Yearsley resides at Folly Farm and employs 5 men. Folly Farm now looks like it is 185 acres.

Folly Farm is in continuance to Richard Yearsley up to and including 1881 age 60 years, the farm is listed now as 200 acres and employs 5 men.
I noted that Thomas Barnard a miner is living at Silver Street with a wife now called Alvina. I noted this person many weeks ago and befor tripping over this thread as it seems that Richard Yearsley inherited,as part ownership, the Fairplay mine. The inheritance took place in 1861 and I believe that the Barnard name is associated with the mine. You may want to look into that if it interests you. The Yearsley's name is attached to the mine as in 1895 it succeeds to Richard's son Edwin Yearsley and James Barrett.

Regards
Glen A. Yearsley

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread