Esaias WAYSOM (or variation) and Esaias ANTHONY (General)

by Joss O\'Kelly @, Thursday, June 22, 2006, 14:11 (6530 days ago)

Hi all

Whilst searching the exceedingly useful Parish Register transcripts I found the marriage of Esaias Waysom (Forgeman) and Lettice Vaughan 1832 Ruardean. Under baptisms there are various children, transcribed Wesson, Wiseorne, Weisom and a burial under Wisom. This family are in 1841 census under Wesom and 1851 under Wysom. EEK!
Anyway back to the marriage, they didn't give any parent info and I'm keen to find Esaias's parents. According to 1851 census he was born approx 1801 in English Bicknor.
Does anyone have a handle on this multifariously named family? I searched the archives and there do seem to be some Vaughan researchers out there, so maybe there is a way through Lettice?

While I'm here I have a similar line of enquiry on Esaias Anthony whose marriage I cannot find in the transcripts (there is an Ezekiel but he is a different chap with a different wife and family) Esaias had three children with Mary Ann or Marianne in Coleford 1839-43 and is on 1841 census as a carpenter b approx 1811 out of county. Possibly they were married out of county too, in which case not a FoD matter.

This is all to do with my ongoing Pewtner research - so far all Esaiases I have found either are Pewtners (another name which suffers from a myriad varieties of transcription) or have mothers born Pewtner.

Thanks

Joss

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread