Henry GRAIL born c1796, lived in Alvington and Woolaston (General)

by sgrail, Sunday, June 25, 2006, 14:58 (6527 days ago)

The furthest I have gone back on my Grail family tree is cir 1796 when Henry Grail was born. He was born in Malmesbury according to the census but he lived in Alvington, Woolaston on other Census. I did find some Grail's who were down as non Conformists, but I'm struggling to find any record's before the census that have Grail on them.I have look at the Chepstow Parish Records and No Grail's on there. Can any one help.

Also does anyone know or have heard of an Edith Violet Grail born 1920 at 4 Whitsun Court in Chepstow who became Edith Violet Smith and Her Children Shirley, Kathleen,Brenda,David and James,all with a surname of Smith also Edith had a brother Edwin Grail born 1927(married Ivy Cooke) and a sister Elsie born 1924(married John F Smith). Edith Violet's father was William Edgar Grail and her mother was Edith May Howell (Edith May died in the Forest of Dean in 1993). I have been in contact with people from all branches of my tree except this branch.

Any help or information anyone can offer I would appreciate it.

Sarah

PS. This is a Great Site if I wasn't told by a friend about it I would not have been in contact with Mr Roger Griffiths who over the last week or so has provided me with a lot of information regarding my tree for which I am gratefull. Thank you Roger.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread