Passenger List Query (General)

by Dewey @, upstate New York, Sunday, July 09, 2006, 16:46 (6523 days ago) @ Tanithv

Tanith,
A few years ago I requested a lookup on the Egland Passenger Departure Lists from an English researcher. I was informed by her that the lists are available at your archives near London, but they are not indexed and require days and days to search page by page and line by line.
The New York arrival lists are indexed for 1892 and later and are available online as "The Ellis Island Lists. Unfortunately that is not the period you want. I have heard that some of the lists for the period before 1892 are on Ancestry.Com. That list requires a paid membership, which I do not have. If you know someone with such a membership have them check for the name for you. Be also aware that while New York was the most popular arrival port, many also came through, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Quebec City, Montreal and some other ports. Since your passengers were going to the midwest ( Illinois and Minnesota ) there was train service from some of these other ports and the fare was comparable or in some cases cheaper than New York.
I do not find a Cuba City in Minnesota, there is, however, a Cuba in Illinois. Could that be the one you mean? It is not however in Edgar County which another had mentioned as a possible residence.
I hope this is of some help.
Dewey

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread