Wynols Hill House (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Saturday, January 21, 2012, 22:31 (4484 days ago) @ unknown

Not an exact answer but this prior thread may be of interest, possibly the Thomas family ?, found via the "search forum" box.

http://www.forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?id=15363

You can also search all the site's PRs via the "advanced search" page, only entering "Wynols" or better still it seems "Winnalls" into the "Residence" entry box, this will produce various Baptisms for the area, although perhaps not necessarily the House itself ?.

eg
Record ID 83994
Entry Number 113
Year 1815
Month Jun
Day 10
Parents Surname TROTTER
Child Forenames John
Fathers Forenames John
Mothers Forenames Ann
Mothers Surname
Residence Winnalls Hill Near Coleford Newland in the County
Occupation
Officiating Minister Tho[ma]s Nicholson (Church Officer
Event Birth
Memoranda
Notes The Minister (Baptist Protestant dissenting) signs after a sentence in which he declares he was present at the birth on the date given. This is a record of Birth not Baptism
Register Reference D 2722 13
Page Number 41
Parish Chapel Coleford Baptist

(see post below re John Trotter Snr)

Searching this site's PRs I couldnt find a marriage for John & Ann. However there are a few possible local Baptisms for John Snr around 1795, all Baptists(see below), but there is no direct mention of Wynols House. Interestingly perhaps, the 1796 baptism shows father William to be a "skinner" by trade (I don't recall seeing this very often if at all in the PRs); see the mention below of the Skynn family living locally in 1699.....

Good luck.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread