Morgan family East Dean (General)

by Roger Griffiths @, Bath, Monday, July 31, 2006, 08:14 (6501 days ago) @ Mark Tucker

Hello Mark,

As my paternal family was rather large in the 19th Century, I tend to end for example with Henry Griffiths married Rosabella Sarah Morgan with dates. I don't usually follow female lines.

In this case I know some more because I am in contact with my cousin, Rose's grandson through marriage, and seen his collection of photographs which I think includes the one of Selina Morgan. He currently has another large collection from another cousin and intends to put some in the Soudley gallery here. I will ask my cousin.

I can't really help with parishes frequented. My family used Newland (including Coleford and Clearwell Chapels which were out stations of Newland) when in West Dean, and then Newnham after moving to East Dean, then Cinderford after 1845. I think a visit or two to Gloucester County Records could yield what you are looking for, if armed with a map of Gloucestershire Parishes. They only charge a couple of quid for entry.

From my previous Post, please ignore the comment about 1910 Tax Map. Selina had probably moved out since her husband had died in 1907.I may well have already looked, but that was 10 years ago or more.

Regards,

Roger

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread