David WATKINS 1948 - 2012 (Announce)

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 22:59 (4293 days ago) @ slowhands

I have received a message from Elizabeth Watkins Barner......

"I’m hard pressed to use words that haven't already been expressed on this forum. He was everything you've all described and more. He contributed thousands of hours to the Watkins Family History Society website. It was his initial pursuit to provide maximum exposure to anyone searching for their ancestry. The current Forest of Dean website became his passion – a dream that he worked tirelessly to make a reality. And so it came to be. Good on ya, Dave.

I was privileged to know Dave, to hear his laughter & to see the smile in his eyes. He loved his family dearly, and once you were a friend, you remained a friend. He was genuine and kind. A fiercely private man, full of willingness to give of himself, he had an innate sense that he could reach out to others who asked for help. He saw the needs of others before his own.

Well, like it or not, Dave - we mourn your passing in selfish manner, knowing we won't read your words of encouragement, or be recipients of your patience and lengthy searches for our families' past. Now you are part of the many wonderful memories we hold so dear - & we are grateful beyond words for the individual gifts you gave to each person you touched.

We will go on, we will laugh and find joy in all that life offers us, but you will not be forgotten."

--
Ἀριστοτέλης A Gloster Boy in the Forest of Dean ><((((*>

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread