Edge End Voyces & Thomas's (General)

by bonnie1man @, Friday, August 10, 2012, 19:13 (4287 days ago) @ Jefff

Jeff, thanks so much - it was wonderful to get your message about Derrick Kear. We will be arriving into the Bristol Airport afternoon of Sunday Sept 9th, will be in the Coleford area Sunday late afternoon and on Monday the 10th then will get up to the Gloucestershire archives on Tuesday - not sure yet about Wed but we fly out of Heathrow on Thursday the 13th. So best bet would be to talk/meet him on Monday (or Sunday late afternoon/early evening). IF you could supply his address that would be great. I'll have to see if my skype account can contact landlines versus other Skype accounts.

Yes, the person Derrick met in Iowa, Bob Voyce is my husband's uncle, also Hazel Voyce, wife of Bert Voyce and Bob supplied the newspaper clipping so I can post it as I have a digital scanned version. I also have a photo of Thomas Voyce and his family that Bob supplied as well. He has been very helpful in providing some information about the Voyce as he is the oldest living Voyce of this family line ie son of George Voyce who left for Iowa (George is son of Thomas Voyce and sarah BUrton). I'll try posting both in an appropriate place on this site (if I didn't already post the photo of Thomas Voyce's family).

I've also been in contact awhile back with an Ivon Voice who lives in New Zealand and has worked quite a bit on the Voyce/Voice lineage. He had lived awhile in England so think he may have gotten to the Coleford area to visit at some point.

Thanks also for the information about where the Thomas Voyce house is located!! Truely appreciate your ringing up Derrick and we'll be sure to give it a try when we get to the Coleford area if we don't make plans by post ahead of time.

Bonnie +1-973-219-8496 (my cell phone number)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread