The future of this resource (Announce)

by cjk136 @, Sunday, September 09, 2012, 10:26 (4240 days ago) @ admin

It is clear you have our gratitude and support, thank you for preserving this site and planning to take it forward. Please count on my support too and keep us posted as to whatever help you need, we're right behind you!

You ask what we would like to see in the future and it is testament to David that there have not been any suggestions - he got it right, what a star!

Wills
When you have your planning meeting, could you consider the Wills Index? Would it be possible to make it easier to use by simply putting in just one set of search criteria then show everything that's applicable on the same screen, without having to go to a different place again to see the beneficiaries or copy and paste a will number into yet another section? It is not obvious at first where to paste the Will number to view the Will.

As a result of the search I would like to see all the appropriate options in one long scrollable list (sortable) rather than have a limited number on different pages. It would be good to have the Will number next to the name, as a clickable link to the actual Will with it's details on the same screen, making all the details easier to copy into my family tree software.

Newsletter
Also, to have a Newsletter emailed now and again would be fantastic too, to keep us all up to date.

Images
And for the pipe dream for the future? Well, that would be to have images of all the Parish Registers and other documents available to view and download from this site...!

Well you did ask!!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread