John EVERSON b1757 Ruardean, parents English Bicknor (General)

by bexxi @, Tuesday, October 09, 2012, 10:22 (4210 days ago) @ Jefff

Many thanks slowhands and Jefff for your informative replies. I'm definitely going to follow up the various MEEK individuals you mentioned.

Coming back to John EVERSON - there are other candidates for the 1776 marriage to Mary DUN (and yes, I'd love to know whether Mary was related to Ann DUNN - I've found no record of either other than the marriages mentioned):

Record_ID: 432451
Year: 1734
Month: Dec
Day: 8
Parents_Surname: IBERSON
Child_Forenames: John
Fathers_Forenames: John
Mothers_Forenames: Susanna
Event: Baptism
Parish_Chapel: Monmouth
Soundex: I162

Record_ID: 209131
Year: 1747
Month: Sep
Day: 20
Parents_Surname: IVERSON
Child_Forenames: John
Fathers_Forenames: William
Mothers_Forenames: Elisabeth
Officiating_Minister: Wm Crawley Minister
Event: Baptism
Register_Reference: P145 IN 1/4
Page_Number: 4
Parish_Chapel: Flaxley
Soundex: I162

My (hopefully) educated guess is that both fathers in these records were sons of Henry IBYSON (sic, died 1720), baptised at Whitchurch HEF in 1707 (John) and 1720 (William) respectively. In turn, the George Everson who married Ann Morgan and fathered John Everson b. 1757 was most likely another son of John and Susanna Everson of Monmouth and was baptised there in 1732. John and Susanna had a number of children, also a James bap. 1750, who could be the witness at the marriage of Thomas JORDAN and Ann DUNN in 1788.

I just thought I'd add these details here in case they help someone else searching for members of this family. The different spellings of the surname make them hard to find, despite the marvels of Soundex & co. Having said that, I should certainly add that the Advanced Search function on this site has enabled me to find a lot more family members than would have been possible if I'd simply been guessing at spellings.

Best,
Rebecca

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread