Looking for parents & siblings of Eliza NASH b.1821 Bream. (General)

by man2 @, Newport Pagnell, Bucks, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 19:14 (4104 days ago) @ slowhands

I am also a descendent of Richard Nash and Mary James, and for some time I was stuck on Mary's forebears. However, I noticed that Witness-2 in the marriage details as given by Slowhands was James James, who may be assumed to be a relative of Mary James.

It so happens that there is a will for James James, dated 1867, in which he refers to "my Nephew William Nash (son of my late sister Mary Nash)" and "my Nephew John Nash (son of my late sister Mary)". The will also includes references to deceased brothers John and Richard, and a living brother William. It also mentions land
in Bream that belonged to his father.

I have checked births in Bream around the time the family might have been born, and the only parents that had this combination of children are James James and Martha Price, married in Newland 26 August 1773. On the baptism records he is referred to as Jemmy (and variations).

So the mother of Eliza Nash is Mary James, daughter of Martha and Jemmy James and baptised in Bream on 28 August 1784.

Mike

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread