Sindry and Morgan Weston under Penyard / Pontshill (General)

by Annian @, Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 10:50 (6458 days ago) @ slowhands

Thank you, Slowhands, quick and efficient as usual. You probably used the one combination of letters for Sindry that I had not used.

I had wondered if a William b.02.03.1764 could have been the William, except he was born ar Aston Ingham.

I have another query regarding the 1841 census. Source information: HO107/421/9 Reg. district Ross. Folo 4. Line number 18. GSU Number 288816. At Hope Mansell, Greytree I found Charlotte Sindery age 15 and Abijah (male) age 13 living without adults. I have looked closely at Abijah and can't think what the name can really be. Also on the next page, although faint I spotted William Cindery age 18, I have been unable to fit these into my jigsaw. Have you any ideas?

Recently, feeling somewhat annoyed by the frequent reference by IGI, to Lea, as Leigh,I went through the church records for Leigh,which I fortunately found on the internet. This Leigh is the one situated between Gloucester and Tewkesbury. There were no signs of Sindrys (or however you spell them), but I did find a Sinderby family.

I do appreciate your publication of Parish Records, and I would like to say how the work of all the transposers is appreciated. Could I dare ask if they are likely to get round to those borderline parishes i.e. Lea, Weston under Penyard etc.. Not knowing the Forest too well I imagine that they are strictly HRF.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread