Tylers of Tidenham (General)

by Lee Paltridge, Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 23:37 (6454 days ago) @ Juliet

I think I am connected to this family through Ann TYLER born 1837 but have not proved it conclusively by buying the certificate, and have not yet found the PR marriage.
My great uncle Alfred CLARK, a joiner and builder of Bristol, married Eliza YOUNG in 1894, daughter b 1875 of John YOUNG b somewhere in Somerset, sometime about 1833 (he couldn't make up his mind about his age or birthplace) and Ann/Annie born Tidenham c1837. The marriage of John YOUNG and Ann TYLER in Bristol March qtr 1864 would seem to be this couple. (FreeBMD has him as Jane YOUNG, a clear mistranscription which they have promised to correct). Ann YOUNG 64 widow was still alive in 1901, now giving her birthplace as Chepstow Mon!
On Alfred and Eliza's marriage certificate, John YOUNG was described as a 'contractor' but had previously been a collier.
Found on British History website for Tidenham: 'Members of the Tyler family followed the trade of mason between 1787 and 1914'. I have more details of this supposed Ann TYLER's children and grandchildren which I am happy to share.

Lee
Perth, Western Australia

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread