Samuel WALL - Will - (Parish Records)

by m p griffiths @, Thursday, August 15, 2013, 17:14 (3899 days ago) @ kathg42

Kath has sent this from Levi WALL's Will dated 30 November 1855 - (died 10 December 1857) (a Painter & Shop owner of Ross) (complete Will send to Downloads)

Mary WALL - wife : £120 p.a. (payable by even quarterly payments for the term of her natural life)

Mary WALL - wife : Dwelling houses, garden, ground & premises in Ross now in my own occupation, furniture, books, plate, linen, china, glass, earthenware.

Robert Crawford SLADE - son-in-law, Newport, Monmouthshire, Accountant )
Thomas Cope POWELL - friend, of Ross, Draper ) - Trustees £13 each.
James Brock HIGGINS of Ross, Ironmonger

and all my money securities and sell and convert into money the rest of my estate. Garden ground stables workshops and other buildings and other buildings and premises in Ross comprising and including the house and garden in Kryle St. now occ. by William ROWBREE with a carpenter's shop (unoccupied) under the same roof also the house and stables in Kryle St. occupied by Edward FREEMAN and a stable in the same street also 4 houses in New St. and all the dwelling houses or tenements and erections in the square adjoining the street and garden ground attached to such tenements adjoining the gasworks also the house, garden salughter house and other buildings in or near Broad St. in the respective occupations of George PREECE. and my son in law Esau PALMER (the portion occupied by the latter being used as the tin shops and warehouses) late the property of my deceased father (Levi WALL d 1800) also the premises and purchases of Messrs Thomas & Robert BROOKS being those now in the respective occupation of the said Esau PALMER and myself and those late in the occupation of Henry SPENCER and the rest of my real esate wherever situated.

Above sold to provide money for: My five children

John Richard WALL - £1,000
Samuel Bennett WALL - £1,000
Mary Ann PALMER - £500 + certain powers of attorney?
Sophia SLADE - £532
Charles Henry WALL - £1,100
Mary Ann PALMER - stocks & securities?

children of Mary Ann PALMER

Mary Ann PALMER : Trust fund to be shared equally when the sons reach 21 and the daughters reach 21 or marry.

Witnesses: Edw. M DAVIS - Solicitor of Ross, Thomas WALWYN, Church St. Ross

signed in margin: R C SLADE, Thos Cope POWELL, C HOWELLS, Surrogate

Mary WALL - dau - 400 pounds

Samuel WALL - son - 1/3 of profits from trade

Sophia WALL - wife 2/3 ditto

If she marries again, son SAMUEL shall have the whole of the trade with the house, garden, and its' appurtenances - only paying her what was left to her by the Will of her father)

Mary WALL dau - 100 pounds more if her mother sees fit in the future.

Sophia WALL - appt sole executrix

Thomas WALL - appt guardian for my dau Mary

Thomas WALL - witness

Sarah RUDGE - witness

---

On the Forest of Dean records - at Ryford Baptist

Samuel & Mary WALL - have children (they are living in Ross)

John & Hester WALL - have children - (they were born in Kings Stanley)

Thomas & Ann WALL - have children, Elizabeth - 4 December 1805 & Thomas - 9 December 1802 - (they are living in Weston under Penyard).

---

Fod Records: Burial at Ryeford baptist - 3 December 1829 - Thomas WALL, residence: Hopemansell age 27 - son of Thomas & Ann WALL.

Burial at Ryeford baptist - 4 December 1805 - Thomas WALL, age 69 c1736 - residence: Hopemansell

and Burial at Ryford baptist - 18 April 1857 - Ann WALL age 76 c1781 - nee REYNOLDS, 2nd wife of Thomas WALL

---

On Public Members Tree - (and Parishmouse)

John WALL married Hester HAYWARD at Kings Stanley - 16 February 1801

---

??
Fod Records

Marriage at Weston Under Penyard - 12 November 1798

Thomas WALL a Widower of this Parish

married :

Ann COLLINS - Spinster, of this Parish

by Licence

witnesses: Lovi WALL (assume Levi) and Sophia WALL

and

Grooms Surname: illegible