Hayward's of Gloucestershire (Parish Records)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 17:55 (3846 days ago) @ alby65

Hi Allison,
Re the Ref numbers etc, I believe this is largely a reference identifying the "master" reference source, ie the original Parish Register (ie that particular Parish Chapel's own handwritten set of books(Registers) of BMDs). When these are transcribed I'm sure all the relevant recorded details are included, for example sometimes the transcribed PR will contain extra notes or Minister's amendments etc, as found in the original PR book. I doubt the originals contain more details than the transcripts, they should be exact copies. The information recorded on these original PRs varied between different Chapels and even different Ministers at a Chapel, there were no Standardised systems then. Some ministers were perhaps more "efficient" than others eg in some Chapels a Burial will include references to a grave plot, but again these local systems vary between Chapels.

Please, where did you obtain John Hayward's marriage records, I cannot find them in this site's PRs ?. I ask as sometimes they will give the names of the couple's parents.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread