John LOVERIDGE of Pauntley, born 1742 (General)

by RichardFranklin @, Friday, January 17, 2014, 21:45 (3745 days ago) @ Loveridge

Hello That does fit in with the research I have done and extends it.
It also confirms some of my guesses. The only record I have come across of a Loveridge actually living at Baldwins Oak was Richard L He was recorded as the occupant in the 1796 Land Tax Assessment. There seems to have been quite a regular change of occupants. Those I have documentary record of occupancy (as opposed to ownership which is listed in a separate column) are: 1779 - What appears to read 'C.W. Loveridge'; October 7th 1790 - John Loveridge; 1793 - John Loveridge; 3.4.1794 Deed of Covenant between John L. and Richard L. John Loveridge and Richard Loveridge (This was something to do with Baldwins Oak ownership, though I don't know what);1794 - occupant was noted as 'the late John Loveridge' (I can't reconcile this with other dates / information I have found)have); 1796 - Richard Loveridge; 1799 - that mysterious C. W. Loveridge again; 6th February 1801 - A Lease was agreed between John Loveridge and the Rev'd William Beale, who was recorded as the occupant in 1802 & 1803. I think that that was actually the purchase of Baldwins as William Beale was listed as owner in 1802. That seems to be the end of the Loveridge connection with Baldwins Oak.

I have seen the graves Of the Loveridges at Oxenhall and they are situated not far from that of another person (George Hyett and family) who owned and lived at Baldwins Oak from 1932 until 2001. I loved the details of the cannon ball. Perhaps I may dig up one fired at Baldwins Oak.

Please do let me know if you do have any further information about your family.
Richard Franklin

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread