Ernest Thomas Eagles (1877-1954) (General)

by Paul Beard @, Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 18:20 (3714 days ago)

Ernest was the fifth child of Henry Thomas Eagles and Fanny Eagles (nee Shearman). The census returns for 1881, 1891, 1901 and 1911 all show him being born about 1877. The GRO has searched for birth certificates using the names Ernest Thomas Eagles and Thomas Ernest Eagles, with no trace in either case.

The latter (configuration of Thomas Ernest Eagles) was requested by me as he an older brother - Ernest James Eagles (1873-1920) and I am aware that Ernest Thomas Eagles was well known in Woolaston where, amongst other things, he was a baker for the village.

The Gloucestershire BMD shows no trace of an Ernest Thomas Eagles / Thomas Ernest Eagles born during 1870 and 1893 (the date range of the births of his siblings). I believe that he was baptised in Almondsbury in 1877 but by 1891 he was living in Church Street, Littledean. His father was one of the village police officers.

My grandmother, Edith Emily Beard (nee Eagles) was a younger sister of Ernest (aka Thomas) and family photos have the inscription Tom on the back of them. If anyone can help me in finding his actual date of birth and the correct configuration of his name I would be most grateful.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to read this message.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread