Elijah Herbert (General)

by Terry Collins @, Monday, June 29, 2015, 00:08 (3197 days ago) @ Terry Collins

Paul,I have also found that Edward Lane died in Portland 19/5/1852, which explains why he wasn't with the others when they were transported. Do you know if Henry Preest/Priest aka Henry Butcher and Thomas Brown were associates of Wiiliam Mercy, they were convicted on 7/8/1850 at Gloucester Assizes, the same day as William Mercy and William Fennell were convicted, of having assaulted and robbed Edward O"Hara at Newland on the 10/2/1849 and transported in 1851 three years earlier than the others. Henry Preest was a partner with William Mercy as Blacksmiths and Farriers at Northampton in Western Australia, it was dissolved at the end of 1868. I have been researching his associates transported to WA to see if any of them were associated with William Mercy (My gg grandfather) in WA. Thomas Brown is also mentioned as having been the Northampton/Geraldton area however his name is much more common and harder to trace.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread