Neptune Smith ,Burial (General)

by May @, Friday, August 07, 2015, 00:11 (3184 days ago) @ neptune

Hello,

Some of my own family is buried in Coleford Cemetery and I did the transcription of the burial records for this site. I have also made a plan of the cemetery and have started working on transcribing the Memorial inscriptions from photographs with the aim of marking the headstones on my plan.

Bearing in mind there were over 6,000 burials in the old part of the cemetery this is a huge undertaking but it is fortunate in this case that I have covered part of the South Division Adult Graves. There is still a huge amount of work to do on this project.

My research, transcribing and cross referencing so far tells me that the unmarked grave H1, (Neptune Smith) is alongside (G1) which does have a headstone and so it can be pinpointed.

If you wish to contact me via the envelope symbol at the top of this message I will send you a sketch marking the area you need to look at and a photograph of the area showing the headstone alongside Neptune Smith's grave.

It seems that the Southern part of the Cemetery is the unconsecrated ground which only means that the persons buried there were of various denominations - Methodist, Baptist, possibly some Catholics and others, rather than the Church of England Anglicans who were buried in the consecrated ground in the Northern half of the Cemetery.

May Brace

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread