Presenting to a church in 1547 (General)

by isherwop @, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 09:16 (3187 days ago) @ nimrod

Dear Nimrod, I could not believe my good fortune in finding someone who has researched the Pauncefotes so comprehensively. You have done a amazing job.

It is my wife who is a very distant descendent of the Pauncefoots. I have been very lucky to find a totally credible but not totally proven lineage which links into the more recent Pauntley Pauncefoot line. The link is through Elizabeth Pauncefoot who married Thomas Hall in Newent in 1732. Elizabeth's father was Robert Pauncefoot said to have been baptised 9 May 1654. Robert married Elizabeth Smooke after 1852. It is Robert's father Grimbald who takes us into the Pauncefoot line. Grimbald was the son of William. His second wife was Dorothy Cam and they were the parents of Robert. Grimbald would have been close to 70 years old when Robert was born.

You will appreciate that my interest in the Pauncefoots goes back in time from Grimbald son of William. I have found it difficult to place William's father also Grimbald in the Hasfield dynasty. We are told that he was contemporary with Sir Thomas who was born in 1535 but have you any idea what the relationship between them may have been?

I am a bit handicapped in accessing information on the Pauncefotes from the Gloucester Archives as I live in faraway New Zealand but any information you could email to me would be gratefully appreciated. I have downloaded Grimbald Pauncefoot's will from the national archives and after a great deal of work have a good accurate transcription. I think most of the wills you have transcribed would be later but if there are any prior to 1660 I would certainly really appreciate your help. Just give me the references and I will request them. Better still if you could email information to me that would be terrific and I will send you my email address. Thanks, Peter

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread