Marriage and Death (Parish Records)

by jimashton @, Saturday, March 19, 2016, 18:14 (2953 days ago) @ shepway

Hi Wazza & Shepway

I was just browsing through the forum and not found anything of note so just clicked on the Marriage & Death entry. I don't usually look at such entries that contain no detail, without a name - but I was bored !!

Thanks Shepway for the in depth research of Joseph Hill, who I found in my family tree. My main interest is the Marfell family but always record the siblings and parents of spouses, so will share the link in case it is of use.

As shown on the census data Joseph Hill had a daughter Elizabeth Amy Hill 1835 who married Charles Henry Price 1841 at Dymock 28 Apr 1868. They had 2 children Harry 1869 and Frederick Charles Price 1873. Frederick married Sarah Ann Marfell 1875/1928 at Weston Under Penyard 11 Oct 1904. They had 4 children incl Theodora Margaret 3 Nov 1908/4 Mar 1976 NZ. She married Frank Jones born abt 1908 on 3 Mar 1945 Warri, Nigeria and emigrated to New Zealand in 1959 following Frank's death. The children of this marriage are still living, so no published detail, but one of them became a Professor and I exchanged emails with him a few years ago.

Jim Ashton

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread