Free Access to "FindMyPast" website until 4th July 2016. (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Monday, June 27, 2016, 23:15 (2854 days ago)

This week the FindMyPast subscription website are offering free access to a large part of their site. I'm not a paying subscriber, but can confirm I've just quickly and easily accessed some WW1 British Army Service Records, having registered as a user a few years ago, which is why I occasionally receive their interesting newsletters by email such as this one. I have never been asked-for, or provided, any form of bank details.

The newsletter states
"On the 100th anniversary of the Battle of the Somme, we want to give you the chance to remember the military heroes in your family. This week, all of our world military records plus all our UK and Irish censuses are free to search, so you can track your ancestor's journey both before, and during the war."

Britain lost 146,431 men to the 141 day Battle of the Somme, with 57,470 casualties on the first day alone. This week, you can explore all of our world military records, as well as over 65 million UK and Irish censuses, for free.

Our military collection includes:
65 million world military records, including 8 million exclusive to Findmypast
32 million World War 1 records, including 2 million exclusive to Findmypast
12.5 million British World War 1 records, the most comprehensive collection online.

Access to free military and UK and Irish census records lasts from 9am (BST) Monday 27th June until 11:59pm (BST) on Monday 4th July. To access records during this period, you will need to be registered and signed in to the site.

Not all records are included in the free access."

I'm not sure if this access also includes their pre WW1 Records, but if it does I know from experience (via my public library) that these Records give more extensive coverage than Ancestry's, for example.

Follow this link, seems to work better if opened in a new window
http://www.findmypast.co.uk/battle-of-the-somme?utm_source=fmp&utm_medium=email&...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread