How good Ancestry once was (General)

by fredb @, Sunday, July 03, 2016, 00:11 (2826 days ago)

I've moaned before about this. I luckily completed my family tree searching before Ancestry launched their new format, but I still complained like everybody else trying to save the "Old Search" I kept switching back to the old search until one day it was gone. There is obviously always some new information and I get messages from others as well as hints, but today a woman in the US was asking for information, she'd had hints that brought her to my family tree. It must be six months or more since I spent any time looking at the trees I researched for 10 years, but now all the hours I spent making comments and adding information about individuals and the area they lived in, it's all gone. What was once regarded as an excellent means to search and record as become a comic, and not even a funny one. Once when you clicked on the profile of anyone everything was there in front of you compact, neat, and easy to follow. If you came to Ancestry with the existing format maybe you think it's fine, but I doubt if anyone who used the old site thinks that, or is it just me? Fred

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread