Help interpreting Marriage Record, please. (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Friday, July 08, 2016, 22:22 (2820 days ago) @ Mike Pinchin

Thanks a lot Mike.

Yes that first marriage is what initally gave me her name (Victor's in my family tree, Florence is the "unknown quantity" for me).

Sadly not the rarest name as you've possibly seen, but thanks so much for looking, yes Birmingham seems possible wrt Redmarley, I guess that Aston is a fairly common surname in the Midlands (Aston University, Villa, etc ??).

Since my post I've luckily confirmed via a completely separate enquiry, that when GlosBMD gives a Marriage with two bride's surnames, the first/top line of the record as displayed is the bride's surname at time of that marriage. The second/bottom line is actually her maiden name. Not displayed as clear as it could and perhaps should be in my opinion, ah well..

Hence equating this to Florence's record posted earlier, it appears that she was indeed born as Florence ASTON, as per your post of course.

Unless perhaps she had been married TWICE before marrying Victor ?. But if that happened presumably? GlosBMD would display her name against THREE surnames ?. Or would it ?.

Many thanks again, the search goes on, Jeff.

PS ref FreeBMD etc I've had lots of fun (actually bad luck!) tonight finding Marriage Records containing odd spelling errors in surnames, so making my mind even more addled. Think I'll sleep on it and all will be clearer.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread