FLUCK/HOOPER/GREEN (General)

by macast @, North Yorkshire, England, Sunday, August 28, 2016, 13:51 (2792 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

If you use the Advance Search for children of John/James GREEN (occupation Tailor) and Esther - at Aston Ingham - they are having children from 1818 onwards up to 1837

1841 Census, Aston Ingham

Esther - 40-44
Harriott - 8
Henry - 3
Joseph FLUCK

by Googling:

James Green Tailor - Aston Ingham

you will find the Will of

James FLUCK 0f Aston Ingham, Herefordshire, laborer - dated 17 March 1831

and talks about his Son-in-Law John GREEN otherwise HOOPER of the parish of Aston Ingham aforesaid, Tailor

goes on to say

'I mean to designate the illegitimate Son of Sarah the wife of John GREEN of Huntly in the County of Gloucester Tailor before her marriage to the said John GREEN Sarah HOOPER and which said John GREEN otherwise HOOPER was baptised in the parish Church of Huntley aforesaid on the seventh day of February one thousand seven hundred and ninety by the name of John Son of Sarah HOOPER and is commonly called or known by the name of John GREEN ett. etc.'

Baptism at Huntley - 7 February 1790

John HOOPER - father's forenames: not stated
mother: Sarah

Marriage at Huntley - 10 February 1790

Sarah HOOPER - aged 18 Spinster of Huntley
John GREEN - aged 22 Batchelor, Taylor, residence: Huntley

This couple have children

James 1792, Edward 1795, Jane 1798, Richard 1800, Joseph 1803, Thomas 1806 and William 1807

Previous threads on this forum in 2008 regarding this family - Esther FLUCK married John GREEN 1818 St Mary de Lobe

listed as John GREENING on the Forest of Dean transcript.

I've spent the last 3 hours looking at all this evidence and weighing it all up. I have to say that this is looking very likely to be that John Green sr and Sarah Hooper are the parents of James Green who married Esther Brooke.....

what does everyone else think?

Mike Pinchin have you matched these up?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread