WINDE, Nathaniel (c1714) married Elizabeth JAMES 1740 (Parish Records)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, September 07, 2016, 14:39 (2760 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Hi MPG, hope you're well.
thanks as ever for clearing things up, I've amended my first post accordingly.
Also BIG thanks for reminding me to use the Marriage Allegations & Bonds resource, something I keep forgetting to use but now realise is a MUST-see !.

So I guess it's looking like the 1769 Marriage (which did seem very late given Nathaniel Sr's birthdate) is at best not his first marriage, and is more likely to be that of his son Nathaniel Jr born abt 1742.

Record_ID: 261146
Entry_Number:
Year: 1742
Month: Aug
Day: 22
Parents_Surname: WIND
Child_Forenames: Nathaniell
Fathers_Forenames: Nathaniell
Mothers_Forenames:
Mothers_Surname:
Residence:
Officiating_Minister:
Event: Baptism
Memoranda: son of
Notes:
Register_Reference: P333/1 IN 1/1
Page_Number:
Parish_Chapel: Tidenham
Soundex: W530

------------

Ref the Marriage Allegations resource, I see that the ONLY hits given for surname spelt "Wind" are from 1746 - 1766 at Berkeley, just across the Severn from Tidenham; can't help thinking they are related to Nathaniel of Tidenham. To further complicate the search, I see a few spelling variations for Tidenham, Berkeley etc in that resource, so needs thorough and careful searching.
Judging from the hits I found for Wind, Winde, Wynde etc, from before Nathaniel's time, I wonder if his family originated from the Northern Cotswolds (Tewkesbury, Guiting, Charlton Kings etc) before finding their way down river ??.

Thanks YET again MPG for enlightening me, atb Jeff

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread