James Tingle (General)

by vcatkinson @, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 14:18 (2738 days ago) @ janehope

Not much more help I'm afraid but there is a baptism of a James Tingle son of Robert Tingle by his wife Elizabeth on 27 August 1686 at Awre. This is from the baptism record online at Ancestry. The same record has also been recorded but lists the mother as Isabell - but having read the record for Awre baptisms would say that it is a mis-transcription.

I have this James on my tree - not because I've any connection yet but because I have a Hatton (my research name) marrying a Tingle. I have a note against James that date of birth/baptism could be 1680(not proven) or 1686.

To throw something into the mix, the other reason the name is interesting is because I also have Rock(e). Hatton marrying Rocke - that family though springs from Shrewsbury. You might like to extend your search area. Found quite a few Rock(e) people in Shrewsbury - no Tingle though.

Happy hunting!
Jane

Thank you for your reply - sorry I have not replied sooner but I have been away.

'my' James Tingle married in 1702 in Newland so 1686 is a bit late for him. He died 1726 in Littledean although his children were baptised Littledean, Flaxley, back to Littledean and the last in St Briavels.

Here's hoping he appears one day!

--
10 generations in the Forest

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread