Wintles of Mitcheldean 1800s and before" (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 12:19 (2729 days ago) @ gabriella Dormer

Good morning Gabriella,
we appreciate nnd understand that this is new in so many ways to you, but don't worry as we've all been in your position, and we're all still learning.
Please note that it makes easier reading for us all, and also future researchers, if you can please keep all the posts on the one thread, rather than open a separate new one as you have now done.
Secondly, apologies for my mistake. When writing my latest post yesterday which included the reference to Amanda Wooley, I edited my original post and accidentally deleted a comment cross-referring her Ancestry Tree to her own work on this forum, sorry !

My post should have read that Amanda Wooley aka username "kimbad123" on Ancestry, posted on this forum a few years back as "kimbad". My original reply to your query included a link to her Wintles threads, here it is again;
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/fodmembers/index.php?mode=thread&id=224

If you read down the above thread, you'll see it was started in 2005 by username "Amanda Wooley". By 2009 she was posting as "kimbad" - which I recognised on Ancestry - but helpfully still signed-off by name Amanda Wooley. Sadly both these user-names are now displayed in BLACK, denoting that she's no longer active on the forum, hence cannot be contacted by direct email as we might by clicking on "active" usernames as displayed in blue "hyperlink" format.

Hoping this helps, sadly like you I must be away now to concentrate on far-less-interesting things for a few days, but I will be back on the forum early next week just in case I can add a little to the excellent work of Chris and the others.

Finally for now, it's no bad thing to take stock and don't rush your researches. Too many people make the mistake of relying and even wholesale copying other people's efforts, especially wrt online trees such as on Ancestry, sadly this often leads to mistakes being perpetuated across new trees. So have patience, take your time, research properly and enjoy the ride.

atb Jeff.

NOTE TO SITE ADMIN - please can this new thread be tacked-on to Gabriella's original one ?, thankyou.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread