Caleb MAILE/Sophia CHINN (General)

by hjweare, Monday, December 05, 2016, 16:36 (2697 days ago) @ Mike Pinchin

Many thanks to all who replied to my query - all replies were very helpful, especially the will of RICHARD MAILE which led me to the whole family of his parents JOHN/JANE MAYEL in Dymock.

My actual ancestor is another RICHARD MAILE a son of JOHN/SARAH MAILE (the brother of the will RICHARD) and I had thought CALEB was his brother from researches in Putley, Herefordshire. The newspaper notice about RICHARD MAILE's estate appears to confirm this.

I had queried CALEB because the only RICHARD born about the right date was a RICHARD MOYLE to JOHN/SARAH and I wanted to find CALEB's birth to the same parents. Although his birth has not been traced his mention in the will confirms to me that he was RICHARD'S brother.

The strange thing is that RICHARD's son CHRISTOPHER, my ancestor, also says he was born in Dymock, about 1821, and yet there is no trace of it, the same as CALEB about 1800. Is anybody aware of any Non-Conformist chapel in the area - I have to admit this is rather a longshot as all RICHARD's other children were baptised in Dymock church.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread