John/Thomas CARTER Doctor (of Arlingham) + Richard DOCTOR (Inquests)

by aussie @, Tasmania, Australia, Friday, December 30, 2016, 20:56 (2672 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Wow, thanks so much! I can't keep up with all the replies and new information. :) Elizabeth Hale was baptised 6 March 1768 Frampton Cotterell. My John Carter was probably one of the 3 or 4 lads baptised between 1760 - 1770, not sure which one's ours yet. So, 1765 is too early for the my John, unless his father was John Carter Doctor too. Sometime ago, somewhere on the internet I did read read that there was a father and son both named John Carter, both Doctors. Now that my health is improving I'm trying to make the most of it before my uni 'Diploma of Family History' course recommences in March 2017. I will try to find that information again.

There were a lot of Carter folk at Arlingham and they're probably all related. Of course, several of the names like Thomas, John, Giles were commonly used. I also have FRYER ancestors, as well as several other names from GLS and a cousin reckons we also have LONGNEY ancestors.

In due course, I will definitely follow up on all the information you dear people have so very kindly assisted me with.

Kind regards,
Aussie

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread