Free Access to "FindMyPast" UK Records until Sunday 15th. (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Thursday, January 12, 2017, 21:24 (2655 days ago) @ Jefff

I've just received an email indicating the FindMyPast subscription website is offering free access to their "Birth, Marriage, Death and Census Records" from now until the end of the weekend, Sunday 15th January. I think these are just UK records, the email isn't clear. I'm not a paying subscriber, but can confirm I've just quickly and very easily accessed and downloaded the image of a 1911 Census form, which I'd failed to find using the Ancestry website due to their website's transcription error. The ease with which the FMP site found this record was most impressive, altho I do note their 1911 Census images are much smaller files than those from Ancestry, so the image quality is slightly lower albeit still completely legible. It will be interesting for me to see what other advantages or disadvantages there are between the 2 websites, especially as my Ancestry subscription is due for renewal in a few weeks.

I received the FindMyPast email because I registered as a user a few years ago, which is why I occasionally receive their interesting newsletters, some highlighting free access offers such as this one. I have never been asked-for, or provided, any form of bank details, just my name and email address, and I recommend other researchers to sign-up for their newsletters, as I do those from the "Who Do You Think You Are ?" website as well.

Follow this link, seems to work better if opened in a new window .
http://tracking.findmypast.co.uk/track?t=v&enid=ZWFzPTEmbXNpZD0xJmF1aWQ9Jm1pZD0xMDE...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread