Wintle/Newton family (General)

by Deb, Monday, January 16, 2017, 09:53 (2656 days ago) @ Deb

I'm hoping to get some help unpick a few of my ancestors from these two families. They are giving me quite the headache.

I only recently discovered with some professional help my Moore family tree my 4 x great grandfather being Edward Moore born 1792 to George and Abigail Moore née Newton. Edward Moore died at age 30 after he was killed in a boxing match and I've recently found out his grandfather, father and brother (all called George Moore) were all drowned in the river Severn in 1797 when their barge the Betsey took on water during a gale. So I've been following up on Abigail Newton she remaries Moses Grimes after her husband and Edwards father George drowned. From what I can see from baptisms for some if her children she was daughter of Jonathan and Elizabeth Newton from Westbury on Severn. Jonathan Newton (I think) was son of Robert and Abigail Newton née Wintle. I've found a birth record for Abigail Wintle born 1701 in Westbury on Severn to a Jonath and Sarah Wintle. At first I thought this was an error I thought it must have been Jonathan but sure enough there are more children to Jonath and Sarah. But there are so many John, Jonathan's etc that I thought I'm getting to get this so mixed up so I thought I might see if anyone is more familiar with this family and if they had come across a Jonath?

I've then come down from Edward Moore via Harriet Moore her mother being Elizabeth Harvey. Harriet marries Charles Clark a timber merchant, their daughter Amelia has a son known to us as Ted Clark he was her illegitimate son and he and his family's including my grandfather came to Australia after First World War.

Many thanks and I hope I haven't confused anyone. My tree is on ancestry.

Deb

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread