Robert George (Joe) Meek b. 1929 (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Friday, January 27, 2017, 17:51 (2644 days ago) @ Mariondavy

Hi, Brian. 
I was born in Ruardean, and my father was Maurice Martin Meek, killed in a mining accident at Northern United Colliery in 1942. If you wish, you may use our email address - david.turner2@btinternet.com 
With thanks once again.  Betty Marion Turner (nee Meek).

Hi Betty,
I recommend you remove your email address from your post. In fact I suggest you don't post your complete email address on any public websites or forums, such as this one, as criminals use automated machines to scan the internet to find such info, which they will then target with spam emails etc. Some years ago my pc Hard-drive suffered permanent damage as a result of spam email, despite my pc having good security systems in place, so please don't risk it. If anyone wants to send private emails offline they can do so by clicking on the blue envelope icon, see http://www.forest-of-dean.net/joomla/index.php/help-faq#faq8
This process will eventually provide each-others private email addresses.

I wonder if we are distantly related ?. My father was a Jones from Joys Green, Lydbrook. His sister Iris Jones married Maynard Seymour Meek in 1949, I think his youngest son David still lives in Ruardean. I haven't traced much of this tree, sadly, and altho I always associate "my" Meeks with Ruardean, Maynard's Grandfather George Meek originated from Tamworth in Staffs but was in Ruardean by the 1881 Census. Does any of this sound familiar to you, I wonder ?.

atb Jeff

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread