Problems Using the GlosBMD website (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, February 01, 2017, 17:41 (2613 days ago)

I'm sure some of you have noticed the normally excellent GlosBMD site has been behaving rather oddly these last few months. http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/bmd/MainMenu.aspx

Although apparently working correctly, I found it gave me Records which were devoid of dates, so making them rather tricky to work with even alongside the FreeBMD site. At first I suspected it was my ancient pc that was at fault, but it seems that it's definitely the website, altho if anyone else can advise otherwise I'd be pleased to hear. As it's been a month or more since I first noticed this problem, I emailed Gloucester Archives on the belief it came under their jurisdiction. I'm pleased to say I received an immediate reply, as follows

Dear Mr Jones
I can confirm that the index will be reinstated but we haven’t been given a date for when this will happen.
I’m sorry I can’t be more definite but I hope this information is useful.
Yours sincerely, xxxxxx, Archives Assistant, Gloucestershire Archives.

I replied to thank them and ask that all possible pressure be applied to correct this fault on their excellent site, and expressed my hope that it wasn't due to cost-cutting. In the mean time and despite the website homepage stating it was last updated "Jan 2017", as far as I can tell the site is still faulty.

Apologies on their behalf for anyone else who's been affected.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread