looking for granma (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Sunday, February 12, 2017, 20:21 (2601 days ago) @ shepway

I agree entirely Mike.

So very sad to see the boar have been at it again. Last year Cinderford St John's cricket club had to invest heavily in fencing to keep these mini-dozers out, so sad to see the Church has also suffered. As has the Dilke Hospital near St John's, except their fence cost far-more than it needed to as it "had" to be installed by contractors with the "necessary" NHS approvals, so not local firms. I have fond memories of attending summer fetes on the Dilke lawns as a kid, and taking my son 18 years ago, but now ?...
When will those in government realise this problem needs action before it's out of control ? Yes, I'm a nature lover, but these animals are not native to the Forest, and are not the cute little harmless things so many seem to think they are, as per the clearly pro-boar treatment given by BBC Countryfile a while back. Their natural instincts are to start breeding whenever they're culled, these are powerful bulldozers capable of enormous damage, including threatening the future of native wildlife such as the deer, not to mention the wild flowers we used to see in the woods...
Heartbreaking !

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/world-s-first-boar-grid-installed-to-protect-fores...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread