Albert John COOPER (1895 - 1951) (General)

by Raging Jester @, Monday, February 20, 2017, 19:07 (2620 days ago)

I'm trying to hunt down my Great Grand Fathers millitary records. The issue is I haven't got a clue what regiment he served in during the first world war.

His name was Albert John Cooper, born 19 May 1895 to Eliza Malson & Thomas Cooper.

He was half brother to Conrad Malson and Cousin of Christopher Malson who both died during the first world war. There is a vast wealth of information regarding the Malson side of the family, however I seem to struggle with the Cooper's.

I believe Albert lived in Mitcheldean before the war broke out and at some point after the war he moved to Abertillery where he married my Great Grand Mother Maud Francis.

The family story goes he was injured during the war, possibly had shrapnel on the lung but this is as far as our family knowledge of his milltary service goes.

I've tried the Gloucester Regiment Museum as a start, however as their curator has left they are currently unable to help me in my search.

I would be greatly appreciative of any other information, Stories or photographs that people may have about the Cooper's.

Thanks

Alex

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread