Turner family Ruardean (General)

by jimashton @, Tuesday, March 07, 2017, 17:06 (2604 days ago) @ Herbie007

Hi Jo

My main interest is the Marfell family and the grandmother of Elizabeth Emily Greening nee Turner born 26 Feb 1917 was Elizabeth Marfell born 28 June 1849 who married George Turner born 1845, on 13 Oct 1867 at St Johns Church West Dean. I have Elizabeth Marfells birth, marriage and death certificate, also George Turners death certificate.

Elizabeth Marfell was the illegitimate daughter of Abia Marfell born 1830 - my Great Great Great Aunt. Her parents - one of my Great,Great,Great Grandparents were Thomas Marfell 1895 and Elizabeth Herbert 1808

Elizabeth Emily Greenings parents were Evan William Turner 1891 & Mary Ann Harper 1891 she had 8 siblings, which I won't detail here but if you are able to read PDF documents I can send you all this by email, if you email me.

Evan William Turner had a brother Leonard who had 7 children including Leonard James Turner MBE. He had a daughter (my 4th cousin) who became my main Australian contact who I met in Perth, Australia in 2008 and she came to the UK where we met again some years later when I drove her around the Forest of Dean. She has researched the Greening Family.

I can also let you have Elizabeth Emily Turners Birth, Marriage & Death certificate, also Francis Hubert Greenings birth certificate if you haven't already got them, this again will require you to email me direct.

Jim Ashton

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread