TIDMAN, Wotton Under Edge, Stroud. (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 20:18 (2597 days ago) @ fran1953

Any information regarding Tidman line from WUE. They moved to Bristol ultimately and are recorded as working in the cotton factory there? Wondered if anyone has researched the family tree in addition to myself.
Thank you
Frances Jones

Hi Frances, weloome to this friendly forum and website.
Have you tried searching for Tidmans in the site's Parish Records ?, from the dropdown menu from the "Resources" heading at top of this page. I see there are only ten !, making it a very rare name locally indeed. I see nine are in Wotton Under Edge, I had been puzzled by your WUE. I'd expect it to be unlikely that many of the forum users have researched your family, as W-u-E is literally on the outer edges of our normal scope, which is usually west of the Severn. Searching "Tidman" within this forum, which has been operating many years so has already covered most queries imaginable, I'm afraid they've only been mentioned just once, in this prior thread, hopefully it's of some help.

http://forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?mode=thread&id=37464

Please, seeing as you've already done some research, please can you try to ask more specific questions and we'll do our best to help you ?. We are all amateurs with limited spare time & resources, and don't want to be telling you what you already know, especially on a "new" subject for us, so please help us to help you.

Thanks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread