Eliza Haynes (Parish Records)

by DianaDouglas, Friday, March 17, 2017, 19:57 (2590 days ago) @ ChrisW

Hello Diana

Could you please give some information about this lady to enable us to try to help you?

Was Haynes her maiden or married name?

If married, who to and when/where?

Did they live in the FoD area?

Have you found her on any census?

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

I have only just found your message. So kind of you to reply. I wish I had spotted the message ages ago. Mea culpa.

Eliza was baptized in Ross on 24 Nov 1813 according to Ross Parish Records. (Altho some records state 1816 for her birth year.) Parents were William Haynes/Hains and Esther Baynham (1787 - 1853). They married in Ross on 27 June 1813, 6 mths before the baptism. Eliza married Rowland Price in Ross on 10/11/1833. What interests me enormously is that Census returns of 1851/61/71 state Eliza was born in Builth Wells. She was my GGGrandmother and I want to establish my bit of Welshness! Also the record for 1841 shows N for No, meaning Eliza was not born in the County of Herefordhire. I am also really interested in tracing William Hain's line but have drawn a blank. I have found the Baynham line --going way back on Ancestry trees. I have recently 09/03/17)been in touch with Sheila Leitch from Powys FH Socy who is trying to help me too. Fingers crossed. Thank you again, Diana Douglas nee Price

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread