researching Rose Attwood and nieces Agnes and Laura Robins (General)

by probinson @, S. Oxon, Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 18:41 (2565 days ago) @ steval

Hi Valerie,

Several other bits of information have turned up as a result of finding the passenger records.

Laura did travel back and forth to Argentina several more times after William's death. I don't have all the records but I have the following for her:

Departure - 10 May 1906 • Liverpool, England
Departure - 26 Mar 1908 • Liverpool, England
Arrival - 7 Feb 1914 • Southampton, England
Departure - 8 Jul 1919 • London, England
Arrival - 4 Aug 1923 • Liverpool, England
Arrival - 21 Nov 1926 • Southampton, England
Departure - 4 Mar 1927 • Southampton, England
Arrival - 2 Feb 1932 • Southampton, England
Departure - 24 Sep 1932 • Southampton, England
Arrival - 9 Feb 1937 • Southampton, England

The 1908 departure shows her travelling with William and John Robinson (single) and Rosa Robinson (under 12 years).
The 1914 arrival shows her travelling with Rosa Robinson aged 19 which would put her birth as 1895 - before Laura and William were married so maybe both children are from William's first marriage (though the name Rosa suggests otherwise).
Several of the records of Laura travelling after William's death show her UK address as 29 Gwern Berthi Road, Abertillery. The 1939 register shows an Agnes E Wilse living at that address with William J Wilse so looks like Laura was living with her sister Agnes (note several variations of the spelling of the road name exist).

Hope that helps.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread