Samuel Jones, b 1825 Clearwell ? (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Tuesday, June 06, 2017, 13:29 (2509 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

On the 1871 census....

The Aunt, Sarah JONES aged 74 c 1797 - (think she is an Aunniutant, not Accountant), and gives places of birth as LLanover.

----

There may be other JONES - with father Samuel a Farmer married at St Cadoc - but there are so many JONES on Freereg

Thanks for that M, great post all round !. I like to learn something new every day and once again you've made my otherwise grey day, AND given me a good laugh too.

Re "Aunniutant". I did think Accountant seemed a little odd but twas late..., thanks to you I now know that annuity etc comes from the French and in this case is a grand term for a "pensioner".

And yes, not only on Freereg but anywhere in the extended FoD area, there are indeed so many of us Jones', if not too many ;-) . During my own researches I've often wished I had a more unusual surname, altho' at least Jones was invaribaly spelt / transcribed icorrectly, altho in this modern multicultural world it's often pronounced Johns.

Thanks and best regards, J

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread