FoD DNA matches (General)

by aussie @, Tasmania, Australia, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 10:58 (2471 days ago)

Hi,
I've read through some of the posts and found the Origins Through DNA rather interesting. So far it seems that only Lawrence has shared his kit number and I don't have any matches with him.

I tested with Family Tree DNA because it's a cheek swab. I've heard that some saliva tests fail and have to be re-done due to lack of DNA in the sample.

I'm delighted with my Autosomal ethnicity results which came in about 10 days ago. Mostly GB, Scandinavia and Southeast Europe. I'm just wondering if there's anyone else who has ancestors from the FoD who hasn't uploaded their raw data to Gedmatch? The choice is yours of course!

Please send me a private message if you want my kit number for FTDNA or Gedmatch. At this stage, none of my known paternal ancestors were from the FoD. My FoD ancestors are all on my maternal branch.

I'm delighted with the ongoing results of genetic genealogy. New matches are being added to my list on FTDNA every few days. Several replies have landed in my inbox and I now have more living cousins who are keen to research our common ancestors. I'd be delighted to find some new cousins from the FoD through genetic genealogy. DNA know more about some of my ancestors than I do!

Cheers,
Aussie

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread