Searching my family tree Browning / Jones (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 23:51 (2493 days ago) @ Andrea1969

No problems, we're here to help, and we've all made similar mistakes ourselves particularly when new to all this.

From the "search" button on the FreeBMD site, enter your target's name, in this case "Cutler" and then "Frederick T". The FreeBMD site is a bit temperamental, you must spell things exactly as it thinks you should, with no extra spaces etc (some sites are good at allowing for spelling errors, both now and historically when the records were first created, FamilySearch (LDS) being a good example of a user-friendly site).
Also you must always remember to use one of the "Type" filters, birth marriage etc. The FreeBMD site's own Help screen explains this.
https://www.freebmd.org.uk/search-help.shtml

Please also see my notes regarding using the FreeBMD site in that old thread I posted before, they should help you get to grips with the site.
For now it's probably best to not use any more of the site's filters, until you get used to the site and how it works.
Also be warned, sometimes the FreeBMD site sometimes "freezes" if it's too busy or "broken".

Does this help ?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread