FoD DNA matches (General)

by aussie @, Tasmania, Australia, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 23:21 (2423 days ago) @ JaneyH

Hi Janey,

Great to hear from you. Yes, I can definitely understand the 'slowly...' I am studying a uni course and have other commitments. So, DNA is not the priority that I'd like it to be. Yes, please do send me your Gedmatch kit number. No convicts on my ancestral line. Mine parents emigrated to Australia, so you wouldn't have known about their voyage. My GLS folk were from Kings Stanley, Leonard Stanley, Arlingham, Fretherne, Newnham, Stonehouse, Cam, Berkeley, Iron Acton, Dursley, Frampton Cotterell, Westbury on Severn and a few other places outside of the FoD. I am accumulating cousins in the USA and around the globe. It's great fun!

Cheers,
Aussie

Hi Aussie,

I've recently done a DNA test with Ancestry and am slowly working my way through the potential matches and learning a lot of new stuff. I say slowly because I work full-time and my house is currently undergoing renovations ... I wish I had more time/space for family history research!

A lot of my ancestors on my maternal grandfather's line all came from the Forest of Dean, mainly from Westbury, Littledean,, Cinderford and Broadoak. So far I've found two DNA matches with Forest of Dean connections, both of whom are in the USA. In one case the brother of my 4G grandmother emigrated as a Methodist preacher, while in the other it was a brother of a 3G grandmother who emigrated. So far I don't have any connections to Australia ... apart from a different branch where someone was transported there as a convict!

I'll PM you my kit number on Gedmatch - do let me know if you find anything!

Janey

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread